The couple had an intimate wedding with friends and family at the Criffel Station Woolshed near the resort town on Friday.
Lucy Taylor (nee Ryan) told Stuff it was the perfect day celebrated with all their loved ones, including their daughter Ayla, 2, and four-month son, Luca.
The couple met playing for the Sydenham Rugby Club in Christchurch four years ago.
* All Black Beauden Barrett set for wedding
* Beauden Barrett says John Plumtree could make a good All Black coach –
* All Black Beauden Barrett thinking about World Cup every day
* Watch Beauden Barrett yell in terror while twisting and turning on aerobatic flight
* NZ Rugby getting creative in the fight to retain star All Blacks trio post-RWC
Taylor proposed to Lucy at Christmas two years ago in front of their families. It was an offer she couldn’t refuse, she said.
“It was the last present under the tree.
“I’m very lucky.”
Lucy Taylor formerly worked for Sport Canterbury and is now a fulltime mother. She is originally from Southland and has played representative rugby for both Southland and Canterbury.
The modest Taylor, a stalwart for Canterbury and the Crusaders, has thrived in the role of No 1 hooker for the All Blacks over the past year, with Dane Coles out of action with injury for much of that time.